Several days ago, Cheyanne over at Tangerine Wallpaper stuck a Liebster Award in my slot (and she didn’t even buy me dinner first). She obviously meant to give this award to someone else because I trust her taste in content, so a blog that communicates via Conan O’Brien GIFs couldn’t possibly be on her radar. However, because I’m feeling evil, I’m going to take this award anyway.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with fewer
than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Now, I know not everyone does these awards, so don’t feel pressured. It’s a pleasure linking to your awesome blog. [And also, unfortunately, I don’t have the time nor the patience to nominate every single blogger I feel is worthy of recognition. Just know that even though I don’t know you, I love you fiercely and salaciously anyway.]
- The Angry Philosopher: “Is Being Offended Offensive?”
- (Un)fettered: “Awkward Poly Moments”
- Female Solipsist: “A Fairy Tale”
- Lola Road: “What They Don’t Tell You About ‘Growing Up'”
- How to Get Things Done in 10 Ways: “How to Cry About Pretty Much Anything in 7 Ways”
- Ambithusia: “Well-meaning advice and STFU”
- Lou Out Loud: “Dear Potential Employer”
- Sarcasm and Spectacles: “Train Station Fuckery”
- Dear Sissy Blog: “It’s not me, it’s you! A modern woman’s guide to dating…”
- Cows Are Beautiful Creatures: “Letting Yourself Be Happy”
- As Told By Annika: “Baby, You’re a Firework! (Not Really so READ MORE)”
1. What’s been your favorite Halloween costume?
I dressed up as a mad scientist in 8th grade. For some reason, I don’t have any pictures of that. I must have burned them in my sleep.
2. What are some of your favorite movies?
Inglourious Basterds, Some Like It Hot, Amelie, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail
3. How do you like your coffee/tea?
In copious amounts. Shaken, not stirred. (Irish Coffee counts, right?)
4. Which celebrity are you just SICK of hearing about? Feel free to describe in vague but descriptive terms so you don’t have to say the actual name and contribute to this person’s mentions. 😉
Bill Nye. Spreading knowledge and love of science and shit. What a douche.
5. What’s the most embarrassing fashion phase you went through? Grunge? Jelly platforms? Big hair?
Fleece jackets for days.
6. Would you rather strangers call you “miss” or “ma’am” (or something else entirely)? Why?
The Benevolent Empress of Portlandia. Because why not?
7. What’ve you been binge watching on Netflix (or other site) these days?
Nothing recently. Hm. I’m going to have to change that. Season 3 of “Orange is the New Black” still needs watching. And Parks and Rec.
8. What do you love most about yourself?
What is love? (Baby, don’t hurt me.)
9. Are you good at resolutions? How do you stay motivated to get them done?
10. Where would you love to travel?
Everywhere. No joke. Just take me anywhere and everywhere.
11. Do you play an instrument? If not, is there one you’ve always wanted to learn how to play?
What constitutes “playing” an instrument? In loosest terms, I “play” guitar and ukulele and I used to play clarinet. Learning how to play the theremin would be cool.
- Will you go to the prom with me? Check Yes or No
- Last thing that made you laugh?
- What would you do if you were Supreme Ruler of the World for a week?
- Where do babies come from?
- What’s your deepest, darkest secret?
- Do you ever sing when you’re by yourself? If so, what was the last song you sang?
- Last good book/movie/TV show you enjoyed?
- Here’s $20. What will you do with it?
- Quick: There’s a hungry-looking zombie standing in your front yard. What do you do?
- If you could master any talent/skill by the end of the week, what would it be?
- Last awkward moment?
All right, I’m all out of steam. Thank you again to the lovely and knowledgeable Cheyanne for your nomination and for seeing through my facade of indifference despite my best efforts. To anyone reading, feel free to answer any of the questions, even if you weren’t “officially” nominated.
Stay sexy, my friends.
Michelle (& Moose)